ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ODE and HTTP GET operation
Date Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:47:27 GMT
On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 8:28 AM, Schneiders, Bernd <
bernd.schneiders@logica.com> wrote:

> I'm new in ODE and I want to figure out if ODE is applicable to us.
>
> Is it possible for ODE to invoke a normal HTTP GET or POST operation?
> If not, is it possible to use WSDL 2.0 HTTP binding to do that?
> If so, do we need schemas for XML requests and responses?

Yes, Alexis Midon has been very busy adding REST support to the Axis2 IL.
Ode now supports GET, PUT, POST, DELETE operations.

Since BPEL uses WSDL 1.1 so we had to make a few extensions to the HTTP
binding support common REST idioms.    This being said, we fully support
WSDL 1.1 HTTP binding if you want to remain standards-compliant and your
use-cases fall under what's covered by the spec.

There's no documentation on the web site yet but you can get a good idea of
the work that's been done by reviewing the related Jira enhancements,
starting from http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-282

This is still a work-in-progress and there's been improvements and fixes
since Ode 1.2 was released, so you'll probably want to track the 1.X stable
branch.

cheers,
alex