ode-user mailing list archives

From Ophir <bar9...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: get Instace id when invoking process.
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 16:29:15 GMT

Matthieu Riou-5 wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Ophir <bar9001@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>> Hi ,
>> Im writing an application which invokes a bpel ODE process and
>> gives the user the option to abort the process.
>> my problem is that when i initiate a bpel process i cant store the
>> process
>> instance ID since it is created
>> by the ODE server.
>

> Do you want to abort using the management API or with some message event
> handler that would exit the execution? If the latter, then you don't
> necessarily need the instance id as you could use standard correlation. If
> the former, you can use the custom XPath variable ode:pid that will return
> you the id of the currently running process instance.
>
> Cheers,
> Matthieu
>

>> Is there a way to initiate a process with some unique external
>> conversation
>> ID which later on will serve as a parameter for a lookup query ?? ( for
>> fetching the instance )
>> the only thing comes to my mind is to send the instace id from the
>> process
>> to by the application  partener link but this looks too 'work around' way
>> do the job ... and even so i have then to correlate the invoked instance
>> with the submitting client ..
>>
>> How can i get / lookup the instance id after the invoke action ??
>>
>> THanks,
>> Ophir.
>>

>> --

Hi Matthieu ,
Thanks for your reply,
i solved it by using XPath variable ode:pid. i am initiate the process with
a message containing my application correlation id and call the
application's partner link back with the ode:pid and the correlation id..
this way the client app is updated with the instance id .
Now , I have a huge memory problem but i will issue the problem in a new
thread.
Thanks again ,
Ophir.