ode-user mailing list archives

From "Jackson, Douglas" <douglas.s.jack...@siemens.com>
Subject bpel wait question
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 20:32:15 GMT
Hi!

The BPEL 1.1 spec seems to say that the wait activity should specify a
date or datetime for until (see below).

However in a BPEL book and online I have seen examples like the
following:

<wait until="'19:30:00'"/>

That looks just a time value.

Can anyone tell me if the time format above is legal for BPEL 1.1 or
BPEL 2.2 or both?

It does not seem valid according to the following extracted from the 1.1
spec.

Thanks!

-Doug.

===========

9.1.2. Deadline-Valued Expressions

These are expressions that conform to the XPath 1.0 Expr
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xpath.html#NT-Expr>  production where the
evaluation results in values that are of the XML Schema types dateTime
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime>  or date
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#date> . Note that XPath 1.0 is not
XML Schema aware. As such, none of the built-in functions of XPath 1.0
are capable of producing or manipulating dateTime or date values.
However, it is possible to write a constant (literal) that conforms to
XML Schema definitions and use that as a deadline value or to extract a
field from a variable (part) of one of these types and use that as a
deadline value. XPath 1.0 will treat that literal as a string literal,
but the result can be interpreted as a lexical representation
<http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#dateTime-lexical-repr>  of a dateTime
or date value.