ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: get Instace id when invoking process.
Date Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:45:16 GMT
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:50 PM, Ophir <bar9001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi ,
> Im writing an application which invokes a bpel ODE process and
> gives the user the option to abort the process.
> my problem is that when i initiate a bpel process i cant store the process
> instance ID since it is created
> by the ODE server.

Do you want to abort using the management API or with some message event
handler that would exit the execution? If the latter, then you don't
necessarily need the instance id as you could use standard correlation. If
the former, you can use the custom XPath variable ode:pid that will return
you the id of the currently running process instance.

Cheers,
Matthieu