ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Pick and Correlation Sets
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 14:53:41 GMT
On Fri, Jun 20, 2008 at 7:15 AM, Sebastian Gomez <sage.es@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I'm trying to implement a bpel process that will expect one of two
> possibilities of message type. I've thought the best way to implement
> it would be using a "pick", but all the examples I've seen seem to be
> using pick + correlation sets. Is it mandatory to use these
> correlation sets? Why are they needed?

Ha! correlation sets, what a wondrous beast. Basically it's the only way in
BPEL to send two messages to the same instance. Doing so requires agreeing
on an identifier for the instance, correlation sets represent both the
identifier (by way of properties) and how to extract it from messages (by
way of property aliases).

Getting back to your pick, if it's the first activity in the process, you
won't have to worry about correlating it (although you may need that later)
but if it's after the instance has been started, you will definitely have to
mess with correlation.

Cheers,
Matthieu