ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: deploying ODE on PEtALS
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2008 17:39:24 GMT
On Tue, Jun 10, 2008 at 10:05 AM, <richard.aillet@fr.thalesgroup.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I try to deploy the snapshot ODE on the PEtALS JBI implementation but I
> have
> some troubles.
> It works fine on ServiceMix-3.2.1 (SM) but it seams that the ZIP is not
> fully JBI standard : some lax hypothesis are done related on the jars used
> by the SE component. The ODE uses some SM jars not packaged in the ZIP.
> This is the case for : derby-10.2.2.0.jar, derbytools-10.1.2.1.jar,
> geronimo-transaction-2.0.1.jar, jencks-2.1.jar (see attached my jbi.xml)

Mmmh right, I thought that was fixed. We should definitely include those, do
you have a patch for our Rakefile by any chance?

> Despite this remark, I get the following error :
> [petals.InstallationService] InstallationServiceImpl.loadNewInstaller()
> Component succesfully installed: OdeBpelEngine
> 14:09:39,968 ERROR OdeLifeCycle:180 - Database configuration error.
> java.lang.RuntimeException: TransactionManager is not recoverable.
>        at
> org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initInternalDb(Database.java:179)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initEmbeddedDb(Database.java:232)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.initDataSource(Database.java:147)
>        at org.apache.ode.il.dbutil.Database.start(Database.java:99)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.jbi.OdeLifeCycle.initDataSource(OdeLifeCycle.java:177)
>        at org.apache.ode.jbi.OdeLifeCycle.init(OdeLifeCycle.java:113)
>        at
>
> org.ow2.petals.container.thread.ComponentLifeCycleThread.doTask(ComponentLif
> eCycleThread.java:101)
>        at
> org.ow2.petals.container.thread.AbstractThread.run(AbstractThread.java:106)

In embedded mode we deal with persistence ourselves and instantiate our own
transaction manager, datasource and connection pool. So we expect to have an
instance of
org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.RecoverableTransactionManager and
cast the transaction manager accordingly. Here it seems it's not the case.

Unless you're trying to use an external transaction manager while keeping
the embedded mode, my hunch would be a classloader issue. You might have two
instances of the RecoverableTransactionManager class loaded in two different
classloaders.

Cheers,
Matthieu