ode-user mailing list archives

From <Juergen.Schumac...@empolis.com>
Subject Extension Activities and Error Handling (and Build Problem...)
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:35:25 GMT
HI,

I'm using the ODE trunk version now to be able to use extension activities
and basically it works quite good - thank you (-: I have a question
concerning the handling of errors in extension activities. Currently I use
extensionContext.completeWithFault(Throwable) when my extension activity
fails. But the complete MessageExchange with the BPEL process is then
always completed with AckType FAILURE, failure type NO_RESPONSE and
explanation "Process completed without responding", but no further details
(like the exception message) seem to be returned. Is this "works as designed"?
Or am I doing something wrong - I'm using my own simple integration layer,
maybe something is missing - any idea?

By the way: I tried to rebuild ODE from source today, but I get only:

D:\Works\Java\ODE\trunk>rake
(in D:/Works/Java/ODE/trunk)
rake aborted!
Failed to parse "2.3.0" due to: D:/Works/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/1.8/rubygems/ve
rsion.rb:89:in `match': can't convert Fixnum into String
D:/Works/Java/ODE/trunk/rakefile:23

I did a fresh checkout of the sources and even re-installed Ruby and buildr 1.3.1.1.
I'm building on a german system ... if that has something to do with it ..
Any help appreciated.

Thank you!

Yours,
J├╝rgen Schumacher
--
empolis GmbH | Europaallee 10 | 67657 Kaiserslautern
juergen.schumacher@empolis.com | www.empolis.com