ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Send SOAP message to JBI Endpoint
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:56:26 GMT
Hi Sebastian,

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 2:57 PM, Sebastian Gomez <sage.es@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick answer. I've been having a look at the source
> code and I haven't found where Ode distinguishes between sending a
> message to a SOAP endpoint or a JBI endpoint. I'm not even sure if the
> ODE JBI component can send messages to SOAP endpoints or only to JBI,
> but I'll try to figure that out tomorrow (I understand ODE is able to
> send messages to a non-jbi Web Service, but my assumption is that
> maybe this is only possible if it is not deployed in the JBI
> container). I'd really appreciate if you helped me out with those two
> things, because I've been looking everywhere for the answer but I
> haven't found anything.

Ode only send/receives to/from JBI endpoints.   If you want to invoke a web
service that uses SOAP, you need to use a JBI binding component (e.g.
ServiceMix SOAP/HTTP component).   The HelloWorld2 sample process in the JBI
distribution illustrates this.

> About "using" a custom adapter, does that mean there exists one
> already? And in the case of "writing" the adapter, where would the
> best place to put it be? As an out interceptor maybe?

We have 3 messages mappers already:  JbiWsdl11, DocLit and ServiceMix

You can find them here:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ode/branches/APACHE_ODE_1.1/jbi/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/jbi/msgmap/

alex