ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ODE with the JBI container's transaction manager
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:47:43 GMT
Hi Richard,

There are two issues here,

1) Your JBI container should provide a way to configure and lookup
DataSources through JNDI.  This is part of the JBI spec (see
ComponentContext#getNamingContext).  It's also consequent to the fact that a
TransactionManager is provided by the JBI container.     The
TransactionManager is practically useless if the container does not provide
managed access to resources (JDBC DataSource, JMS ManagedConnection, etc.)

2) Ode should not use the TransactionManager provided by the JBI container
in EMBEDDED and INTERNAL database modes since it creates its own DataSource
which are not under the responsibility of the container's
TransactionManager.    This happened to work with ServiceMix since it uses
the same TransactionManager implementation (Geronimo's), but it's not
something we can assume in other JBI environments.   I've created issue
ODE-302 to track this (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-302)

alex