ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: callback to specific instance of process by external application
Date Fri, 13 Jun 2008 16:04:57 GMT
On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 5:51 AM, <sathwik.premakumar@itcinfotech.com> wrote:

>    Business requirement:
>    There is a marketing initiative by one of the telecom providers, where
> in customers receive SMS messages with respect to a product campaign.
> Customers are expected to respond back by SMS if they are interested.
>
>    BPEL:
>    I suppose I would need 2 processes here, one that sends SMS and one that
> receives SMS. In mycase the send SMS process would have created an instance
> of receive SMS process for each customer and each instance of receive SMS
> process will be waiting for a specific duration in time say 30 mins.

You could also use a single process, since BPEL is quite good at this sort
of asynchronous send-reply scenario.

   1) My question is how do I create a correlation set to include the
> ODE:PID (process ID/Instance ID) of the receive SMS process?

My feeling is that you should be using an existing identifier or a
combination thereof, like the cell phone number and possibly the campaign
number.

If you want to use the a unique and synthetic identifier, then I'd use the
PID of the sending process because it's known in advance at the time you
send the message.   You can pass this identifier during the creation of the
receive process for correlation.   (If they are the same process, it's even
easier).

   2) The SMS gateway needs a http URI inorder to route the customer
> response back to the process, so how should I prepare the URI so that the
> response comes back to the specific instance of receive sms process?

The URL should match the endpoint which is associated with the receiving
process.   The correlation mechanism will take care of routing the message
to the specific instance.

alex