ode-user mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Parsing out CDATA xml sections
Date Tue, 03 Jun 2008 22:08:37 GMT

Hi, Dalys --

> I am novice to BPEL and ODE. Some of the webservices I am using are
> sending out content in xml form embedded inside CDATA sections.
> Therefore the schema for this xml is not specified via the WSDL file
> itself. Does BPEL/ODE support parsing out xml from inside such CDATA
> sections?
> Any guidance for this is very much appreciated.

You'll need to use another service or an extension function (e.g.,
inside an XSLT script) to unwrap those hunks of XML content from the
CDATA sections.  ODE will just see them as unparsed text otherwise.
(Unfortunately, there isn't a general solution to the problem of
"actually do sometimes parse the content inside a CDATA section as
though it were XML markup.")

-- Paul