ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Extension Activities?
Date Thu, 29 May 2008 15:02:53 GMT
On Thu, May 29, 2008 at 2:43 AM, <Juergen.Schumacher@empolis.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> we are interested in using <bpel:extensionActivity> in our project.
> I've seen that this works in the ODE trunk version, but not in
> the 1.1 branch. I have also read in your lists that the 1.2 release
> is not yet imminent, but maybe there could be a 1.1.2 release earlier.
>
> So I have some questions (Sorry if these questions are a bit naive.
> I do not want to bother you):

Don't worry, you're not bothering at all :) Just to clarify version numbers
we're going to release a 1.2 soon (instead of 1.1.2) but that still won't be
based on trunk. That will probably be 1.3.

> - Are there any new details about the timeframe for a 1.2 release?
> I've seen a mail in april talking about "a couple more months". Can
> you get a bit more precise by now? ;-)

I think about 2 months is a reasonable timeframe. The trunk would be good
enough to be released in the coming weeks but there are backward
compatibility issues with previous versions that we want to fix first.

> - Would it be possible to port this to the 1.1 branch? Or does it
> depend on too many changes in 1.2? Maybe we could create a "private"
> version of release 1.1.1 plus this feature. Do you have an idea about
> the effort of this backport?

Backporting would probably be a lot of work. A "private" release of the
trunk could be more appropriate. Would you use a snapshot?

> - If it's not too complicated: Would it be possible to have this in
> a 1.1.2 release? Or is this out of scope for a minor release anyway?

See above :)

> Ah, and on a different topic: Is there any chance that
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ODE-145
> ("Assign: copy with insert attribute") will be implemented?
> I see it is targeted for 1.3, not even for 1.2. Is it because there
> is nobody to do it or is it more complicated?

Nobody has volunteered for it yet. Assignment is a bit of a rat's nest in
BPEL but adding this functionality shouldn't be too complicated. If you're
ready to work on it that'd be much appreciated :)

Thanks,
Matthieu