ode-user mailing list archives

From Ciaran <ciar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Database Size
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 14:33:58 GMT

> Yes it is. It's more a technical restriction than just something nobody
> would care to implement, In-memory processes are not here to stick around
> and making them sticking around would actually be a big memory leak. Not to
> mention that in-memory querying is always delicate (which is why SQL
> exists).

No problem, thought as much, but always worth querying :)

> > For example can I configure ODE to use HSQLDB or something for temporary
> > in-memory storage of processes ?
>

> You could, that's actually what we do for some of our tests. But then
> you'll
> still have to purge the database once in a while.
>
> If you 're only interested in the last 10 invocations or so I would
> recommend you to use process events to keep that information. That way you
> could have all your processes in-memory and retain only the type of event
> you want for as long as you want for your own purposes.

Can you clarify a little on this please,  as far as I can tell the process
events are still stored in the database, or are you suggesting I create my
own  org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.BpelEventListener<https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ode/trunk/bpel-api/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/bpel/iapi/BpelEventListener.java>implementation
that stores this data ?
- Ciaran