ode-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ciaran <ciar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: InstanceManagement.ListInstances, filter broken?
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 07:15:25 GMT
Sadly it doesn't complete for me :( If I move the 'State-Simple_Inbound'
sequence into the if clause of the 'TRansitionResolver2' element, and remove
the 'transition4' link (which is no longer needed) then it does complete,
very strange :(

Is there an alternative construct to flow which allows me to route between
different activities, I don't care about concurrency none of my activities
need to be executed 'concurrently', sequence doesn't let me move about
between activities, I've tried scope but when using a scope none of the
contained activities can see the links defined in the parent flow/sequence
etc.   Is scope what I need, and should I just try and persevere with it ?

Many thanks
- Ciaran.


On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Alex Boisvert <boisvert@intalio.com>
wrote:

> I just took a look at the BPEL and it looks valid.  The flow should
> complete
> after all the links have fired.  We'll need to run it and see what actually
> happens to determine the issue.
>
> alex
>
> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 12:11 PM, Ciaran <ciaranj@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > As promised the attached file (really a .zip file, stupid virus scanners)
> > contains a ready-to-deploy testcase that will never return :( .. What am
> I
> > doing wrong!??! (Please  note the BPEL *is* a bit wrong as I've just
> hacked
> > it together to demonstrate my issue (as in I'm not assign the
> receive/reply
> > variables correctly!) but that shouldn't be relevant.
> >
> > Any clues? Please, if I can't get this working I have to abandon my
> > investigations with ODE which is a shame as I was pretty keen until now!
> > (Hopefully its just my rubbish BPEL skills!)
> > -Ciaran
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 7:09 PM, Alex Boisvert <boisvert@intalio.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:01 AM, Ciaran <ciaranj@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> > Hi,
> >> > Thanks for looking into this Alex, can I configure ODE to use the
> >> Hibernate
> >> > DAO for the Derby DB it ships with, or am I left using the OpenJPA
> >> version?
> >>
> >>
> >> You can use the Hibernate DAO by setting,
> >>
> >>
> >>
> ode-axis2.dao.factory=org.apache.ode.daohib.bpel.BpelDAOConnectionFactoryImpl
> >>
> >> in your ode-axis2.properties file.  (And using the Hibernate database
> >> schemas)
> >>
> >>
> >> > Also I'm having some serious (blocking :( ) issuess getting my BPEL
> >> working
> >> > in ODE, I *think* I've finally tracked the issue down to a flow that
> has
> >> > several complex routes through it (links marshalled by 'if' elements),
> >> it
> >> > seems that if any of the top-level elements in the flow element are
> >> targets
> >> > of links who's sources are 'empty' elements in some of my elseif
> >> elements
> >> > elsewhere, and these elseif elements do not execute then my BPEL flow
> >> sits
> >> > waiting for these links to 'falsify'  (which will never happen as the
> >> > workflow has effectively finished going down the expected route).
> >> >
> >> > My understand of these things isn't great, but I think the issue is
> >> whether
> >> > DPE is being successfully applied in this particular situation (I can
> >> find
> >> > a
> >> > DPE issue filed in JIRA for when sequences fault, but I don't think
> this
> >> is
> >> > my case exactly).   I'm trying to create the smallest test case so
> with
> >> > luck
> >> > someone will be able to tell me that what i'm trying to do in BPEL is
> >> > illegal (it should be noted however that it works in other BPEL
> engines
> >> :(
> >> > )
> >>
> >>
> >> Yep, a small reproducible test case is key here...
> >>
> >> alex
> >>
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > - Ciaran
>



-- 
- Ciaran

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message