ode-user mailing list archives

From Alexey Ousov <aou...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XSLT document() function support
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 03:10:36 GMT
Ciaran wrote:
> Hi Guys,
> I can't seem to use the document() function in any XSL I call from BPEL, it
> seems to only want to search for available XSL stylesheets rather than
> arbritary documents (I would like to get hold of an XML  document)
> if do select="document('foo.xml')" it falls over at line 47 of the
> org.apache.ode.bpel.elang.xpath20.runtime.XslRuntimeUriResolver  ,
> specifically it tries to find in the XPAthExpression's context that filename
> (foo.xml) in the set of stylesheets associated with the XPath context.
>
> Any Ideas? (Incidentally a friend has been trying to post this query to the
> mailing list seperately to little avail, so I'm posting on behalf of him! )

I had the same problem some time ago. The workaround was to use XSLT 2.0
instead of 1.0. They eliminated result tree fragments in 2.0, so any XML
tree can be used as a value of some global variable. Now instead of
separate XML document I insert this document into global variable and
access to it within the same stylesheet. Maybe this is your case too.
Regards,
Alexey