ode-user mailing list archives

From "Matthieu Riou" <matth...@offthelip.org>
Subject Re: Hibernate mappings
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 15:22:28 GMT
On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 4:26 AM, Stefan Jakoubi <
sjakoubi@securityresearch.at> wrote:

> Dear ODE community,
>

> in this mail I (a) follow up a topic raised from a colleague
> (http://ode.markmail.org/message/gyoxq5cz3uruizoc?q=tjoa) of mine and
> (b) raise myself a question concerning configuring ODE for DB2.
>

> @ (a):
>
> When migrating ODE to DB2 there is a problem within the simple
> scheduler. In particular, the scalar function MOD(x, y) within a
> prepared statement throws an awful exception.
>
> The solution is to replace the MOD(x, y) within the prepared statement
> with: x - y * (x / y). This is according to how DB2 internally
> determines the result for the scalar function MOD.

Thanks for letting us know.

> @ (b):
>
> Can anybody please provide a complete table schema ODE requires?

You'll get several ones for different databases in dao-hibernate-db/target
after a build.

> Does anybody know where to configure all required Hibernate mappings so
> that ODE table names may be altered?

We use XDoclet annotations in the source code to generate the mapping. So
you'll have to change those if you want to alter it. Alternatively you can
run on the generated mappings but that's probably a pain (updates). But why
do you want to change the mapping?

> When switching persistence to Hibernate, is it true that openjpa is not
> used any more (and thus, no jpa mappings have to be modified in case
> that I alter table names?)

Right, it's either Hibernate of OpenJPA, they don't coexist.

> Finally I want to tell that as soon as we get a solution for
> JBOSS/ODE/DB2 we will contribute at Jira!

Thanks!

Matthieu