ode-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Claude Moissinac" <moissi...@enst.fr>
Subject Re: A question about the examples of ODE?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 03:36:41 GMT
I have not that example on my computer.
It is possible to define very simple BPEL process which uses only BPEL
variables assignment without calling external process.
I think the HelloWorld2 example is build like this.

2008/4/30 youhaodeyi <youhaodeyi@gmail.com>:

>  Let's take the HelloWorld2 as an example, I deploy it to ODE Web Site and
>  send the soap message to it and get the response message. The message I sent
>  is the file testRequest.soap. It passes a String value "Hello". The response
>  message I got is a soap message and the String value becomes to "Hello
>  World". If there is no Java code behind this case, who will be responsible
>  for adding "World" to the message.
>

>  Matthias Füller wrote:
>  >
>  > Ok, I forgot something important:
>  > ODE is a runtime-engine for BPEL-processes. ODE will call other web
>  > services to execute its process definition.
>  > To start and controll the workflow of these processes, you define
>  > further web services in the process-description (BPEL/WSDL).
>  > These web services will be provided by ODE and passed to the BPEL-process.
>  >
>  > So ODE can provide web services. But these services can only execute
>  > "BPEL code" - not java code.
>  >
>  > youhaodeyi schrieb:
>  >> So, how does the examples work if ODE is not a Web Service framework?
>  >> After I
>  >> deploy the examples to ODE, I can send SOAP message to the Service by
>  >> sendsoap.bat under the bin directory without running other web-services.
>  >>
>  >>
>  >> Matthias Füller wrote:
>  >>
>  >>> ODE is not a framework for developing new ws-services. ODE is a runtime
>  >>> engine for BPEL-processes.
>  >>> So you can describe processes (in BPEL) and execute this in ODE.
>  >>> ODE will call other web-services and handle message data manipulation.
>  >>> But the activities of the processes will be implemented by other web
>  >>> services.
>  >>>
>  >>> I think you are looking for frameworks like Apache CXF
>  >>> (http://cxf.apache.org/) or Apache Axis2 (http://ws.apache.org/axis2/)
>  >>>
>  >>> Regards
>  >>> Matthias
>  >>>
>  >>> youhaodeyi schrieb:
>  >>>
>  >>>> I am new to ODE. The HelloWorld2 example released with ODE can be
>  >>>> deployed
>  >>>> into Tomcat. But there is no java source code in this example. Which
>  >>>> class
>  >>>> will implemente the Web Service defined in the WSDL file? Who will
do
>  >>>> the
>  >>>> real job?
>  >>>>
>  >>>> Thanks.
>  >>>>
>  >>>>
>  >>>
>  >>>
>  >>
>  >>
> [...]

Jean-Claude Moissinac
Signal and Image processing - Multimedia Group
TELECOM ParisTech
FRANCE

E-mail: moissinac@enst.fr
Tel: (+33) 1.45.81.80.88