ode-user mailing list archives

From Ashwini Kumar Jeksani <Ashwini_Jeks...@infosys.com>
Subject RE: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 13:00:12 GMT

Hi,

Does Tuscany support SCA Extentions to WS-BPEL? If it doesn't then I guess we could look into
that one as well.

Thanks & Regards
Ashwini Kumar Jeksani

-----Original Message-----
From: Luciano Resende [mailto:luckbr1975@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 24, 2008 11:11 PM
To: tuscany-dev@ws.apache.org; antelder@apache.org
Cc: tuscany-user@ws.apache.org; dev@ode.apache.org; user@ode.apache.org
Subject: Re: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration

On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 8:53 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2008 at 4:37 PM, Luciano Resende <luckbr1975@gmail.com>
>  wrote:
>

>  > Now that we are making more progress with the SCA & BPEL integration
>  > and have figured out how to make References to work, let's discuss
>  > what could be the next steps on this area. Below are couple examples
>  > of what we could do next
>  >
>  > - WS-BPEL Process Introspection : Currently we are requiring SCA
>  > componentType files, we could introspect the BPEL process file to
>  > generate the component type information from it.
>  >
>  > - Integrate BEPL with the store scenario tutorial : We could add a
>  > OrderProcessing step to the store checkout, and illustrate a more real
>  > integration scenario.
>  >
>  > Other then these, we could review the
>  > SCA_ClientAndImplementationModelFor BPEL and identify other areas that
>  > we might need enhancements. Scenarios / Samples / Demos are always
>  > welcome too. Or if you have other suggestions, feel free to jump to
>  > the discussion.
>  >
>  > BTW: Copying the ODE list in case they want to jump and help, or in
>  > case they have other ideas.
>  >
>  >
>  Not a very exciting one but is there any clean up of the dependencies
>  possible? Currently using the implementation.bpel extension brings in 78
>  addition dependency jars at about 20meg, i wondered if some of those could
>  get excluded?
>
>    ...ant

Part of this is because we have a Embedded ODE BPEL engine, and that
itself brings several dependencies. But this is certainly something to
investigate. It would be also good if ODE could be more
flexible/dynamic with some dependencies (e.g Saxon) and only really
require these dependencies if they are going to be in use, this would
help our side as well.

--
Luciano Resende
Apache Tuscany Committer