ode-user mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Singleton of instances in BPEL Correlations
Date Mon, 07 Apr 2008 18:08:47 GMT

Hi, Amin --

> In the counter classical example of ODE, after each "init" request
> with the same variable name (foo for example), a new instance is
> generated and next messages (get, getAndIncrement, etc) are always
> correlated with the last instance only. Is there a way to drop an
> exception for the second "init" with the same variable name?

I'm going to assume that you're talking about the process that's in
the InfoQ article about ODE.

Are you thinking of how to respond with a fault if someone attempts to
initialize an already initialized key?  To do that, you could add an
additional "thread" to the flow activity that would get "init"
messages for an already in-progress instance.

As for what happens if that's not the case, I'm going to have to think
about it or try an example to remember...

Best.

Paul Brown
paulrbrown@gmail.com