ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Re: Keeping the order of incoming events
Date Sun, 13 Apr 2008 16:37:46 GMT
On Sun, Apr 13, 2008 at 8:17 AM, Amin Anjomshoaa <
anjomshoaa@ifs.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> Thanks for your attention. Yes, the correlation is working correctly and
> request is forwarded to the correct instance. The issue is, when process is
> waiting for a specific message (let's say message B) and accidentally
> another message arrives, then ODE reacts with a timeout !

If you're calling a request-response operation using a synchronous
transport, I think the engine should return an error back to the caller
right away.

> A real world example: in an e-commerce platform the delivery can not be
> started before payment. So if a delivery message arrives before payment,
> process should react with a exception.
> I will wait for a while and if no solution is posted by other users, will
> file a bug.

Well, I agree with you but only to a certain extent.   E-commerce protocols
are usually defined in terms of one-way operations (usually with reliable
delivery), not request-response operations.  So in this those cases, the
messages would be queued for the instance to process them later on.   So I
think we're talking about a different use-case here.

alex