ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Keeping the order of incoming events
Date Sat, 12 Apr 2008 06:00:20 GMT
On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Amin Anjomshoaa <
anjomshoaa@ifs.tuwien.ac.at> wrote:

> I have a question regarding the events order in a business process. Lets
> say we have a process that should work as follows:
> receive <A> ..... receive <B> .... receive <C>
> Now consider at the beginning, when the process is waiting to receive A,
> an event of type C arrives. Apparently Apache ODE waits for a while and then
> returns a timeout. I would like to know if there is a solution to throw an
> exception when the appropriate event is not arrived?

Good question.  I don't know why Ode would wait.   Message C is presumed to
have some form of correlation to an instance and if that instance isn't
available, the engine should be able to tell immediately.  Smells like a
bug.  Can you open an issue with a test-case illustrating this?

alex