ode-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Server error handling
Date Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:25:55 GMT
Hi Thilina,

I would hope we can provide an error back to the client instead of letting
it time out.  Can you file an issue?  We need to analyze the code path and
determine where/how to handle this.

thanks,
alex


On Fri, Apr 4, 2008 at 10:09 AM, Thilina Gunarathne <csethil@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I did a mistake in the event handler I wrote, resulted in a null
> pointer exception, which happened immediately after the first receive.
> This made the process instance to abort (not sure whether the engine
> crashed too), but my client program never got an error back and kept
> on waiting... Just wondering whether this is an expected behavior or a
> bug...
>
> 13:01:41,556 ERROR [BpelEngineImpl] Scheduled job failed;
> jobDetail={type=INVOKE_INTERNAL,
> pid={
> http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xwf/bpel/Echo_Workflow_20080321_161030_946/}echo-3<http://www.extreme.indiana.edu/xwf/bpel/Echo_Workflow_20080321_161030_946/%7Decho-3>
> ,
> mexid=hqejbhcnphr3656bmodatr}
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:464)
>        at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:812)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.PartnerLinkMyRoleImpl.invokeNewInsedu.indiana.extreme.ode.events
> .LeadEventListener.onEvent
> tance(PartnerLinkMyRoleImpl.java:197)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.invokeProcess(BpelProcess.java:194)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.handleWorkEvent(BpelProcess.java:362)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.java:328)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelServerImpl.java:373)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:341)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:340)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleScheduler.java:179)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:339)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:336)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> edu.indiana.extreme.ode.events.LeadEventListener.onEvent(LeadEventListener.java:24)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.fireEvent(BpelEngineImpl.java:422)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.sendEvent(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:1000)
>        at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.PROCESS.run(PROCESS.java:49)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:451)
>        ... 17 more
> DEBUG - GeronimoLog.debug(66) | BPEL SERVER STOPPING
> 13:01:42,164 DEBUG [BpelServerImpl] BPEL SERVER STOPPING
> ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Error while executing transaction
> org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.Scheduler$JobProcessorException:
> java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.java:338)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelServerImpl.java:373)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:341)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4$1.call(SimpleScheduler.java:340)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleScheduler.java:179)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:339)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:336)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
>        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:123)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
>        at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
>        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:464)
>        at org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU.execute(JacobVPU.java:139)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.execute(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:812)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.PartnerLinkMyRoleImpl.invokeNewInstance(PartnerLinkMyRoleImpl.java:197)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.invokeProcess(BpelProcess.java:194)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.handleWorkEvent(BpelProcess.java:362)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.onScheduledJob(BpelEngineImpl.java:328)
>        ... 11 more
> Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
>        at
> edu.indiana.extreme.ode.events.LeadEventListener.onEvent(LeadEventListener.java:24)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.fireEvent(BpelEngineImpl.java:422)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelRuntimeContextImpl.sendEvent(BpelRuntimeContextImpl.java:1000)
>        at org.apache.ode.bpel.runtime.PROCESS.run(PROCESS.java:49)
>        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>        at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
>        at
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
>        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
>        at
> org.apache.ode.jacob.vpu.JacobVPU$JacobThreadImpl.run(JacobVPU.java:451)
>        ... 17 more
>
> thanks,
> Thilina
> --
> Thilina Gunarathne - http://thilinag.blogspot.com
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message