ode-user mailing list archives

From Sebastien Mosser <mos...@polytech.unice.fr>
Subject Re: A question about the examples of ODE?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 06:39:39 GMT
youhaodeyi a écrit :
> Let's take the HelloWorld2 as an example, I deploy it to ODE Web Site and
> send the soap message to it and get the response message. The message I sent
> is the file testRequest.soap. It passes a String value "Hello". The response
> message I got is a soap message and the String value becomes to "Hello
> World". If there is no Java code behind this case, who will be responsible
> for adding "World" to the message.

BPEL !!!

ODE is an orchestration engine. So, it runs orchestration code. BPEL is
an orchestration language. you should read a bit about (Web) Services
Orieted Architectures and BPEL :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Service-oriented_architecture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BPEL

Cheers,

--
  Sebastian Mosser
  EPU Polytech'Nice - Sophia Antipolis, Bureau 314