ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: XSD REpository
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2008 22:07:28 GMT
Hi,

Paul Brown wrote:

> Hi, Wayne --
>
>> I have a WSDl that tries to pull in XSD from the network.  I
>> understand that
>> this is not supported in ODE and the suggested practice is to assemble
>> the XSDs locally.
>
> It isn't the way that users would necessarily like to have the feature
> ("Just find my stuff!"), but if you believe in "least surprise" as a
> design constraint, it's the best choice.  Resources can move, be
> unavailable, change, etc.  It's better to have the user make explicit
> choices.
>
> You *could* try to engineer in a feature that would supply a different
> ResourceFinder implementation to the compiler (via the
> BpelC#setResourceFinger) and actually fetch WSDL/schema, but that will
> surely open at least one can of worms.  Maybe a
> --resource-finder-fqcn=org.foo.Finder and then require a default
> constructor?

An interesting variant of this could be an integration with e.g. WSO2's
repository. AFAIK they are storing WSDLs/XSDs and perhaps also BPEL
files, with versioning etc. If the repository supports a flattening
(i.e. fetching and storing all includes and dependencies) that would
make a good supplement to Ode, wouldn't it?

Tammo