ode-user mailing list archives

From Mike Edwards <mike.edwards.inglen...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: What's next for SCA & BPEL Integration
Date Thu, 24 Apr 2008 20:26:12 GMT
Luciano Resende wrote:
> Now that we are making more progress with the SCA & BPEL integration
> and have figured out how to make References to work, let's discuss
> what could be the next steps on this area. Below are couple examples
> of what we could do next
>
> - WS-BPEL Process Introspection : Currently we are requiring SCA
> componentType files, we could introspect the BPEL process file to
> generate the component type information from it.
>
> - Integrate BEPL with the store scenario tutorial : We could add a
> OrderProcessing step to the store checkout, and illustrate a more real
> integration scenario.
>
> Other then these, we could review the
> SCA_ClientAndImplementationModelFor BPEL and identify other areas that
> we might need enhancements. Scenarios / Samples / Demos are always
> welcome too. Or if you have other suggestions, feel free to jump to
> the discussion.
>
> BTW: Copying the ODE list in case they want to jump and help, or in
> case they have other ideas.

Luciano,

WS_BPEL Process introspection is top of my list.  Having to write
componentType side files is a miserable business, particularly when all
the information you need is sitting there in the BPEL Process XML.  The
Spring implementation is a good model - the Spring application context
is ripped through to produce the componentType and so side file is ever
needed.

A good BPEL sample is called for.  One based on some order process seems
good to me.  It should also involve the BPEL process making asynchronous
calls to back end services, which means stretching the support on
references to include callbacks.

We should consider integrating with the tutorial after building a good
standalone BPEL sample.

Yours,  Mike.