ode-user mailing list archives

From Jens Goldhammer <goldhammer...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Web service -Addressing and WSDL
Date Tue, 15 Apr 2008 13:34:56 GMT
muska.roemer@freenet.de schrieb:
> Hello
>  I have two questions:
> 1) Does the ODE BPEL engine support web service addressing and web service security?

ws-addressing: yes! Is this the final version of ws-adressing?
ws-security: inbound calls (e.g. for starting the process) theoretically
YES (via axis2.xml) - Has somebody tried it?
                   outbound calls to other services via invoke NO. But
you can use http basic authorisation for outgoing calls.
                   It should be no problem to implement ws-security with
axis2 as underlying framework, or?
> 2) Is that possible to define in a WSDL WS-Addressing and WS-Security (f. i.
> authentication). I will that clients
>    Know which services in my repository use WS-Addressing and WS-Security.

There is a ws-addressing binding for wsdl, so integration into wsdl is
possible.
WS-Security is configured by WS-Policy. WS-Policy files can be hosted
externally and some of them can be put into the wsdl, but this cannot be
handled by all client frameworks automatically.
For more information, look at http://wso2.org. They have a good
application server (wso2 wsas) with support for this and the wso2 esb
can handle these standards via configuration!
> Thank you

Hope, that helps.
Jens