ode-user mailing list archives

From Paul Brown <paulrbr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Process ID and Instance ID in SOAP header
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 22:28:59 GMT

Hi, Mark --

On Apr 23, 2008, at 3:14 PM, Mark Panahi wrote:
> Hi, I'd like to be able to somehow send a process id and instance id
> in the
> SOAP header when invoking partner links. Is there any way to do this?

Can I ask about why you want to do it?  In philosophical terms at
least, instance and process identifiers are invisible to external
observers.  The correlation facility in the engine is responsible for
delegating execution to an appropriate new or existing instance, and
the versioning facility and policies are responsible for determining
which process definition is used.

Are you looking to unify management information?

-- Paul