ode-user mailing list archives

From "Jens Goldhammer" <jens.goldham...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Ode and GSoC
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:10:44 GMT
Hello Tammo,

just my two cents to your ideas :-)

2008/3/7, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com>:

> Hi all,
>
> Googles Summer of Code [1] is starting a new round. I've added a GSoC
> proposal for a ajaxy monitoring console for ODE to Apache's GSoC Ideas
> list [2]. In case you are interested and are planning to submit an
> application feel free to contact me.
>
> Two more (brain dumped) ideas from my side:
>    o ODE integration with Eclipse BPEL + debugger

Would be an great extension! Debugging is one of the most important stuffs
to make BPEL more accepted by the users! I see how important it is by having
such a feature (like in IBM Websphere Process Server) in big processes.

   o ODE integration with WSO2 Repository/MuleSource Galaxy to
> store/retrieve BPELs/WSDLs/XSDs. This could also solve our import-issues
> as the repository holds all linked artifacts.

Could you explain this a little bit more in detail the improvements coming
with it ? Ode has to load them during the deployment process, right? After
that it would not influence Ode anymore or do you want to support
dynamically retrieval of wsdl endpoints? I would consider that something
like this that can be made easily together with an ESB like Apache Synapse
or WSO2 ESB.

I would prefer to have improvements for ws-standards support in ODE. I know
that the bpel process (receive and reply) itself can be configured via the
axis2.xml (Has anybody tested it so far?), but I would really love to see
support for outbound messages via invoke-activity. I see the security stuff
gets more and more important, so a good starting point would be to integrate
parts of WS-Security (usernametoken, saml with Security Token Service ...).
There is a great support of ws-policy in Axis2, so the deploy.xml of a
process can be enhanced to support a reference to a policy file for a bpel
partnerlink. The policy-file can be injected during runtime into the axis2
client. Apache Synapse does this stuff too injecting ws-security in a
medation, so having a look at this code would shorten the implementation
time.

Paul has also "some more moderately crazy ideas" :)

> - Contribute to Globus / BPEL integration (CA-BIG, etc.) by working on
> WS-GRAM/BPEL integration.
>
> - Build an out-of-band debugger for Ode by allowing instances to be
> pulled from the store in the engine and then reinserted after some
> execution or other modifications.
>
> - SimPEL IDE support for NetBeans or Eclipse.

Is this the simplified form of bpel? I have read a short summary of it. Any
news for it?

Any comments or other ideas?

Also in my mind is support for the bpel4people-spec. I know that Intalio
supports it via invoke in the bpel process, but it would be good to think
about it...

The deadline for project proposals is March 12th.

> Best regards,
>    Tammo

A discussion is welcome :-).
Regards,