ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ReliableMessaging support?
Date Thu, 27 Mar 2008 13:29:32 GMT
(I'm moving the discussion on the dev list; please remove the user list from
CC: if you reply to this message)

Hi Harry,

At this time, Ode doesn't have any facility for external endpoint specific
configuration.

Roughly speaking, there's two ways that can be done with Axis2,

1) Load a specific ConfigurationContext per external endpoint (axis2.xml,
perhaps named according to the external service's name to avoid clashes)
2) Configure partnerLink bindings in deploy.xml, pass this configuration
during the invoke, and have some kind of configuration handler(s) set the
various options on ServiceClient.

Both require changes in ExternalService.  The first one is probably quicker
(a few hours' work) and more general.  The second allows for custom code and
very specific configuration to happen on the endpoint, some of which may not
be possible through axis2.xml.  I'm guessing the latter would require a 2-3+
days to put all the necessary infrastructure in place.

Have you been successful invoking WS-RM services by using only
axis2.xmlconfiguration on the client?  Or did it require some
hand-coding to set
options on the ServiceClient?   I can probably whip out the first
implementation during the next week.  Alexis Midon is also working in this
area at the moment so he might want to chime in...

alex