ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ODE - Getting ode message request
Date Thu, 06 Mar 2008 17:46:05 GMT
On 3/6/08, lsanchez <lennin.sanchez@cinetsolutions.net> wrote:

>    Well, I've been working with this two classes ExternalService and
> SoapMessageConverter, However I figured out that I don´t want to try to
> convert theses messages to soap I just want to convert these ode messages
> into and java Object that java methods can understands them.
>    So I need to get the contents inside Ode Message Request  but I just
> get
> something like this : <message xmlns:TimeService="
> http://ws.intalio.com/TimeService/" />

My guess is that you're not correctly printing (or converting) the content
of the document.

> and I want to get the contents inside this message, the question is: how
> can I get this
> contents from OdeMex.getRequest().getMessage and how I can convert it in a
> java object ?? and pretty new in SOAP and XML´s things so may be is a
> foolish question !!!

It's not a simple subject and there's various way to go about it.  I can
probably name 10+ XML-to-Object mapping frameworks right off the top of my
head. :)    But since you're going to be using WSIF, that's already done for
you.  I think WSIF can probably deal with W3C DOM objects directly and take
it from there, meaning convert those into Java objects.   However, I'm not
sure if the XML format will be a good fit for WSIF.... WSIF was designed
with some XML encoding assumptions that are not necessarily valid in the
general case.  You'll have to look into those details.

alex