ode-user mailing list archives

From Tammo van Lessen <tvanles...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ODE + invoke WSRF services?
Date Tue, 11 Mar 2008 09:45:08 GMT
Hi,

Paul Brown wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2008, at 10:35 AM, Alex Boisvert wrote:
>> On 3/10/08, Fakhri Alam Khan <khan@par.univie.ac.at> wrote:
>>>
>>> Can you please answer my query about ODE engine,
>>> "Does ODE support to invoke WSRF services ?"
>>> I'm looking for it but didn't find anything about it .
>> As far as I know, the answer is no.  It's never been discussed on the
>> mailing lists and there's no explicit support in the code.
>
> I can affirm Alex's answer of "no", although it's not impossible.
>
> The most difficult part of integrating WSRF resources into a BPEL
> process is dealing with the security and delegation requirements that
> WSRF resources have (in the general case), and that's work that needs to
> be done in the protocol layer (i.e., in AXIS2 or in ServiceMix) as
> opposed to in ODE.  AFAIK, the only release-worthy work that was done in
> this area was done to get an AXIS1 layer (that's part of some other BPEL
> engine whose name I've forgotten) working with WS-GRAM for the CaBIG
> project.

I'm not the grid expert, but isn't there a difference between (simply)
using WSRF and Grid Services? While the latter of course imply targeting
  Grid Security and other stuff, the former are IMO almost conventional
web services whose resources can be addressed by naming resource EPRs
with WS-Addressing headers.

As ODE supports modifying SOAP headers, it should be in principle
possible to add a resource EPR and that way to call/access WSRF
resources with ODE, shouldn't it?

Cheers,
   Tammo