ode-user mailing list archives

From henry human <henry_hu...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: read timed out after ..
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 10:39:53 GMT
Hi Paul
> The timeout for the servlet container where the Ode
WAR is deployed
The timeout value has been changed

The ode\WEB-INF\conf\axis2.xml has been changed:
<parameter name="ConfigContextTimeoutInterval"
locked="false">90000</parameter>

The service axis2.xml has been changed

But still get the same error!

Maybe this error reflected more information for you
1) The process :CisErFavBpelProcess
2) The operation: dmsRetrieveProcess
2) The web service: cisER2FavService

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Error sending message
(mex={PartnerRoleMex#hqej
bhcnphr34i38qexkc2 [PID
{http://com.ibm.de.cis/bpel/CisER2Fav}CisErFavBpelProcess-20]

calling
org.apache.ode.bpel.epr.WSAEndpoint@1b1e0f7.dmsRetrieveProcess(...)}):
Read timed out

org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Read timed out
        at
org.apache.axis2.AxisFault.makeFault(AxisFault.java:417)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.sendViaPost(HTTPSender.java:195)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.HTTPSender.send(HTTPSender.java:77)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.writeMessa
geWithCommons(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:327)
        at
org.apache.axis2.transport.http.CommonsHTTPTransportSender.invoke(CommonsHTTPTransportSender.java:206)
        at
org.apache.axis2.engine.AxisEngine.send(AxisEngine.java:396)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOperation.java:374)
        at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInAxisOperation.java:211)
        at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163)
        at
org.apache.ode.axis2.ExternalService$1$1.call(ExternalService.java:148)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:303)
        at
java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:138)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:885)
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:907)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed
out
        at
java.net.SocketInputStream.socketRead0(Native Method)

*******************************************************It
seems the AxisEngine pup ups the error indeed in
dmsRetrieveProcess operation. But which engine is
that, that from the ode or that from the web service,
or from the ode internal axis client in ode who
accesses the web service?
Unfortunately there are not configuration
possibilities in ode for the internal client,or??

--- Paul Brown <paulrbrown@gmail.com> schrieb:

> Hi, Henry --
>
> On Mar 17, 2008, at 11:10 PM, henry human wrote:
> > It seems that the timeout in Bpel process should
> be
> > set because in my scenario the Bpel process calls
> > other service to do something .In short, the
> caller is
> > the Bpel process itself. But as described this
> service
> > breaks down after 30 seconds.
>
> That sounds very much like the usual value.
>
> > Do you know how to set the timeout in the Bpel
> process
> > call to the service?
>
> At least the last time I looked, there are a couple
> of places where
> you have to look:
>
> 1) The timeout for the servlet container where the
> Ode WAR is deployed.
> 2) The transaction manager.
>
> You can stretch those two out a bit, but you'll
> reduce the throughput
> of the application in the process (maximum number of
> open network
> ports, open transactions, etc., is constant per unit
> time).  In
> practice, you want the network timeout to be longer
> than the
> transaction timeout so that you won't have the
> backend operation
> complete without the remote client getting an "OK".
>
> If you can manage it, try altering your process so
> that it's long-
> lived and provides a status port that the remote
> client can use.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> -- Paul

      Lesen Sie Ihre E-Mails jetzt einfach von unterwegs.
www.yahoo.de/go