ode-user mailing list archives

From Jens Goldhammer <goldhammer...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Ode and GSoC
Date Sat, 08 Mar 2008 13:46:10 GMT

Hello Tammo,

just my two cents to your ideas :-)

2008/3/7, Tammo van Lessen <tvanlessen@gmail.com>:

    Hi all,

    Googles Summer of Code [1] is starting a new round. I've added a GSoC
    proposal for a ajaxy monitoring console for ODE to Apache's GSoC Ideas
    list [2]. In case you are interested and are planning to submit an
    application feel free to contact me.

    Two more (brain dumped) ideas from my side:
       o ODE integration with Eclipse BPEL + debugger

Would be an great extension! Debugging is one of the most important stuffs
to make BPEL more accepted by the users! I see how important it is by having
such a feature (like in IBM Websphere Process Server) in big processes.

       o ODE integration with WSO2 Repository/MuleSource Galaxy to
    store/retrieve BPELs/WSDLs/XSDs. This could also solve our import-issues
    as the repository holds all linked artifacts.

Could you explain this a little bit more in detail the improvements coming
with it ? Ode has to load them during the deployment process, right? After
that it would not influence Ode anymore or do you want to support
dynamically retrieval of wsdl endpoints? I would consider that something
like this that can be made easily together with an ESB like Apache Synapse
or WSO2 ESB.

I would prefer to have improvements for ws-standards support in ODE. I know
that the bpel process (receive and reply) itself can be configured via the
axis2.xml (Has anybody tested it so far?), but I would really love to see
support for outbound messages via invoke-activity. I see the security stuff
gets more and more important, so a good starting point would be to integrate
parts of WS-Security (usernametoken, saml with Security Token Service ...).
There is a great support of ws-policy in Axis2, so the deploy.xml of a
process can be enhanced to support a reference to a policy file for a bpel
partnerlink. The policy-file can be injected during runtime into the axis2
client. Apache Synapse does this stuff too injecting ws-security in a
medation, so having a look at this code would shorten the implementation
time.

    Paul has also "some more moderately crazy ideas" :)

    - Contribute to Globus / BPEL integration (CA-BIG, etc.) by working on
    WS-GRAM/BPEL integration.

    - Build an out-of-band debugger for Ode by allowing instances to be
    pulled from the store in the engine and then reinserted after some
    execution or other modifications.

    - SimPEL IDE support for NetBeans or Eclipse.

Is this the simplified form of bpel? I have read a short summary of it. Any
news for it?

    Any comments or other ideas?

Also in my mind is support for the bpel4people-spec. I know that Intalio
supports it via invoke in the bpel process, but it would be good to think
about it...

    The deadline for project proposals is March 12th.

    Best regards,
       Tammo

Regards,
Jens