ode-user mailing list archives

From "Andrew Francis" <andrew.fran...@mail.mcgill.ca>
Subject RE: Support for REST-based services
Date Sat, 12 Jan 2008 19:20:51 GMT
Hello Alex et al:

>Looking into my crystal ball and speaking just on behalf of resources that
>Intalio supports, I would say it would materialize sometime during the
>summer of 2008.  If more people want to join the party and/or provide
>additional financial support, we could get it out faster!

>Related to that, technical feedback on the specs that have been posted would
>be most welcome:
>http://ode.apache.org/restful-bpel-part-i.html
>http://ode.apache.org/restful-bpel-part-ii.html

I originally brought up the possibility of REST support in WS-BPEL with Assaf in I believe,
early November. I started preliminary prototyping in my Stackless Python WS-BPEL engine. My
main concern with Assaf's approach is that I do not feel it is necessary to change the signature
- rather the service-ref element should be used. I think it is important to figure out a general
approach to supporting REST in WS-BPEL.

I will be in a better position to comment after I test a few scenarios.

Cheers,
Andrew