ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: again Partner Links Type
Date Wed, 30 Jan 2008 20:43:56 GMT
On 1/30/08, Simone Maletta <simonemaletta@alice.it> wrote:

> Thank you Lukasz,
>     I modified my code and now my compiler give me a least number of
> error, but the big one is there: UndeclaredPartnerLinkType: trying to access
> to undeclared partner link type, for every type of links.
> I'm sure that my code will never work properly because I define my own
> ports and other services ports too, but I can't explain this: the compiler
> can't see the port Link types.
> Thank you again and please send me something.

Hi Simone,

In your process WSDL, you need to add partnerLinkTypes such as,

   <plnk:partnerLinkType name="SomePartnerLinkType">
       <plnk:role name="someRole" portType="tns:SomePortType"/>
       <plnk:role name="anotherRole" portType="tns:AnotherPortType"/>
   </plnk:partnerLinkType>

You can think of a partnerLinkType as a potentially bi-directional
interface:  on one side is the process, on the other side is the external
service.    The reason for the two sides is to allow "callbacks" which
cannot be described with a single portType.  If you're only using one side (
e.g. invoking in only one direction), you only need to define one portType
for the side you need to invoke.

alex