ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: ODE recieves unrecognized MEX id;
Date Fri, 18 Jan 2008 08:58:05 GMT
Hi Joe,

On 1/17/08, jbi joe <joe@daggerpoint.net> wrote:

> IM getting ODE errors on occasion, seems when a bunch of
> messages are processed via the ODE JBI engine from servicemix
> ESB.   Works great when one message at a time, but when several
> in quick succession, I get intermittent errors, unrecognized MEX id.

Any way you can submit a reproducible test case for this?

Also noticed that my SQL data base ( mysql ) being used by
> ODE grows, and grows.  Looks like it keeps every entry in
> ODE_MESSAGE.  When is it supposed to purge?

Persistent process instance data is kept until explicitly deleted.  You can
use the PM API to delete them, or manually issue SQL statements to purge the
data according to your needs.

I havnt checked other tables, but they may be growing too.
> SHould they?  Even after a InOut message completes its
> cycle, status on InOut NMR is Done, DB retaining data...

Yes, this is the current design.

Data retention and archival policies vary between organizations and we take
a conservative approach to retain everything by default.  In other words, we
rely on 3rd party tooling for archival and purging.

alex