ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Selection Failure on XPath Expression
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 23:33:13 GMT
On 1/5/08, henry human <henry_human@yahoo.de> wrote:

> In a bpel process I have an assign:
> <bpws:assign name="Assign1">
>
>             <bpws:copy>
>                 <bpws:from>'aString'
>                 </bpws:from>
>                 <bpws:to>
>                 $MyObject.request/ttd:someId
>                 </bpws:to>
>             </bpws:copy>
> </bpws:assign>
>
> Running under ode I get following error:

> 12:36:37,087 ERROR [ASSIGN] Assignment Fault:
>
> {http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsbpel/2.0/process/executable}
> selectionFailure,lineNo=43,faultExplanation=No results for expression:
> {OXPath10Expression $MyObject.request/ttd:someId}

This is normal and expected under the BPEL 2.0 specification.   The element
ttd:someId needs to exist in order to assign something (in this case some
text) in it.

So you need this statement before your assignment,

<assign>
  <copy>
    <from>
      <literal>
        <ttd:someId/>
      </literal>
    </from>
    <to>$MyObject.request</to>
  </copy>
</assign>

-This bpel process was runing long time under tomcat and ActiveBpel engine
> without any problem

ActiveBpel implements a (non-standard) BPEL extension to facilitate
assignments.  There have been requests in the past on this mailing list to
implement a similar mechanism to increase portability from ActiveBpel and
general ease of use.

Given the number of requests we get about this issue, it's probably time we
go and implement it...

alex