ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Any examples of this?
Date Sat, 05 Jan 2008 18:04:36 GMT
On 1/2/08, XGuy <ilangocal@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I was looking at your website:
> http://pxe.intalio.org/confluence/dashboard.action
>
> if I am right, "pxe" is now "Apache ODE"? I was looking at the "Help
> Wanted"
> section and I was wondering if I could help you guys out?

Yes, Apache ODE supercedes PXE.  A large part of the code originated from
PXE but there's been large changes since, most notably in the integration
layer.

Any suggestions for me. I have gone through the "Assistance Areas" and I can
> start by getting your opinions and start maybe with "locating bugs" or
> writing some small component for a start.

Yes, definitely.    The following is a good way to get started,

1) Write a new example, or implement a "blueprint" application
2) Document any pitfalls, problem you've encountered with solutions
3) Report any bugs or missing/misleading/insufficient error messages

With some experience, you'll get ideas about new features and incremental
improvements that could help reduce the learning curve and that's generally
a good segway into becoming a contributor.

alex