ode-user mailing list archives

From SĀŽebastien Mosser <mos...@polytech.unice.fr>
Subject Re: Ode throw an exception at startup in Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 03 Jan 2008 09:16:55 GMT

> ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
> database /opt/webtools/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/jpadb.

I decided to remove *.lck in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/jpadb ,
and ... it works. But I hate solving things that way (why those *.lck
file are still here after tomcat shutdown ?)

I found on ODE website than I can use a MySql DBMS instead of the derby
one. But I'll need relational definitions I'm unable to find on ODE website.

Google return the following page, which seems to be relevant :
http://www.nabble.com/Alternative-databases-td13947684.html

Is the procedure Ok ?

Cheers,

--