ode-user mailing list archives

From SĀŽebastien Mosser <mos...@polytech.unice.fr>
Subject Ode throw an exception at startup in Tomcat 5.5
Date Wed, 02 Jan 2008 18:04:54 GMT
Hello (and ... happy new year ;-) ).

I've got a silly exception about ODE when starting tomcat, and I don't
know how to  fix it.

Apparently, a derby instance locked ODE internal database, and the ode
webapp refuse to be loaded by tomcat.

Tomcat logs shows me :
ERROR XSDB6: Another instance of Derby may have already booted the
database /opt/webtools/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/jpadb.

I can send the whole stack trace, but it's a little bit long, and I
guess it's not so important (it mainly happens in derby.* classes).

Maybe tomcat badly shutdown during holidays and a lock wasn't released,
but I don't know what to do ... simply delete the faulty database, and
ode will create a new one ? In such case, what will happened to existent
processes ? the new empty database will be re-filled at start-up ?

Cheers,

--
  Sebastian Mosser
  EPU Polytech'Nice - Sophia Antipolis, Bureau 314