ode-user mailing list archives

From arman danesh <daneshar...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ODE and UTF8
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 07:23:06 GMT
Dear Henry

Thank you for your reply. I noticed a point which may is important for you.
I ran the InvokeProcessfromJSP sample and sent the content of input.soap  file as the soap
message as follows:"
<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:mes="http://www.example.org/message">
    <soapenv:Body>
        <mes:start>hello</mes:start>
     </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>
  "
When I type a Persian word instead of hello, “????? World” is shown as the response of this
process in part of soap output.    This happens when the character set of the web browser
is Western(ISO-8859-1). If I change the character set to UTF8, the following error message
is shown in soap output:"

  Error in Soap messagejava.io.IOException: Server returned HTTP response code: 500 for URL:
http://localhost:8080/ode/processes/InvokeProcessfromJSP/InvokeProcessfromJSP/InvokeProcessfromJSP/Client
  <?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
  <soapenv:Body>
  <soapenv:Fault>
  <faultcode>
  soapenv:Client
  </faultcode>
  <faultstring>
  com.ctc.wstx.exc.WstxIOException: Invalid UTF-8 middle byte 0x3f (at char #158, byte #127)
  </faultstring>
  <detail />
  </soapenv:Fault>
  </soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Envelope>
  "

  I already have problem with Persian characters when I wanted to use XForm. Therefore, I
decided to use JSP instead of XForm to solve my  problem but as I mentioned I could not cope
this problem. Occurring this problem in JSP pages shows that this problem is not related to
Orbeon which handles only XForm pages.  It seems that Intalio still have problem to support
UTF8.
 Thanks,
Arman
henry human <henry_human@yahoo.de> wrote:
correction:
...and you get support for the XForms
from your apache tomcat server. Than try your application...
 schrieb:
 Windows 9X,.. systems support unicode and UTF-8 natively, older unix distributions has
To be set in etc/conf files and kernel should be compiled for the activation of UTF-8 support.
But I guess that you had it on your system and you saw some Persian web sites in your browser
before?
*)
Without to know what do  Intalio , orbeon  exactly, first I would control the client
(web Browser) ,maybe You need a browser plugin for your XForms ?
*)If not so, you could download orbeon.war and install it in tomcat_home/webapps and get support
for
that on apache. Than Try your application again.
Hope  it helps you
&#1575;&#1581;&#1605;&#1583;

arman danesh  schrieb:   Dear friends,

 I am using Intalio Community Edition and I faced to a problem. I report them this problem
but I didn't get a suitable reply. Therefore, I decided to report my problem to this mailing
list because Intalio Community Edition is based on Apache ODE and I hope to find a solution.

 I have designed a form in Intalio Xform Designer and used it in a process. When I deploy
this the process and fill out the fields in Persian(Farsi) language and submit them form,
instead of Persian characters, the question character (?) is shown. Note that the character
set of web browser is UTF8 and I tried it in two different computers.
  It seams that Apache ODE does not support UTF8. In that so?
  I know that Intalio is using Orbeon in the server side to support XForm. Does Apache ODE
too is using Orbeon? Maybe this problem is for Orbeon.

  Arman

Beginnen Sie den Tag mit den neuesten Nachrichten. Machen Sie Yahoo! zu Ihrer Startseite!

Ihr erstes Fernweh? Wo gibt es den schönsten Strand.