ode-user mailing list archives

From <Juergen.Schumac...@empolis.com>
Subject RE: Memory consumption of in-memory processes
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 08:05:38 GMT
Hi,

thank you so far, I will check this today.
However, I do not use one-way messages. All partner incovations return
result messages. So maybe I'm still doing something wrong with releasing
the messages - for my experiments, I basically hacked together an own simple
integration layer, maybe I forgot something. I'll check this, too, thanks
for your hint.

Cheers,
Juergen

-----Original Message-----
From: matthieu.riou@gmail.com [mailto:matthieu.riou@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Matthieu Riou
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2007 12:25 AM
To: user@ode.apache.org
Subject: Re: Memory consumption of in-memory processes

Hi Juergen,

So far your ODE usage sounds okay to me, no abuse there :) We're usually cleaning up the message
exchanges using the release() method after each invocation (look for MessageExchange.release()
in ODEService if you want to see the code). But after your e-mail I've spent some time reviewing
the cleanups and there was one missing for one-way incoming messages. I could swear this had
been fixed before but it was either on a wrong branch or I'm having memory issues. Does your
process relies on one-ways? If so that probably explains it. I've committed a fix, you'll
probably want to try again after a SVN update.

I also agree that the the time to live should be configurable. I've added a property for this,
just set ode-axis2.mex.inmem.ttl in your ode-axis2.properties. The provided value should be
in ms. Also be careful not to give a too small value or message exchanges are going to be
nuked when they're not done yet. So generally speaking this value should only be changed in
high throughput type of scenarios.

Let me know how all of this goes.

Cheers,
Matthieu