ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: Use of External Services
Date Fri, 21 Dec 2007 16:53:32 GMT
Hi Paul,

On 12/21/07, Paul Polydoras <p.polydoras@di.uoa.gr> wrote:

> I've created a process which employs an external service with the
> following namespace:
> http://myproject.org/searchservice/AddService
>
> When I try to deploy it, I get the following error:
>
> Caused by: org.apache.ode.axis2.OdeFault: The soap:address used for
> service WSDL definition
> {http://myproject.org/searchservice/AddService}AddService and port
> AddPortTypePort should be of the form
> http://hostname:port/ode/processes/myProcessEndpointName

This is likely due to using <provide> instead of <invoke> in your
deploy.xmlfor external service.   Or using an external service as
"myRole" instead of
"partnerRole".

Judging from this error message, I should rename the namespaces of all
> my services according to this scheme:
> http://myhostname:myport/ode/processes/myProcessEndpointName

No.  Ode does not force you to use any specific namespaces anywhere.  Doing
so would break many specs and prevent interoperability with existing
services.

Also, I saw that ODE does not support wsdl import statements which use
> URLs. Is their any plan to fix it in the near future?

Nobody has volunteered yet.  (Many consider it a good discipline to download
and store WSDLs locally)

alex