ode-user mailing list archives

From "Alex Boisvert" <boisv...@intalio.com>
Subject Re: some Question - calling service defined in xbean.xml by bpel
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2007 17:57:27 GMT
On 12/12/07, EXTERNAL Schmid Markus (Diplomand; CI/TMP) <
external.Markus.Schmid2@de.bosch.com> wrote:

> I had a look at the file-binding and other binding examples in
> servicemix.
> I was wondering how to access a service in ode/bpel which I can define
> using an xbean.xml.
> Is this a "lightweight-container" (I think so, but I am not sure)?

I'd say Ode is more in the mid- to heavy- weight camp.

I could not find a description on how to use the xbeans correctly
> especially how to deploy them. Can someone
> please point me a spec or something like that?

You deploy your xbeans normally.   Then you configure your BPEL endpoints
(via deploy.xml).  However, the messages need to be WS-I BasicProfile
compliant, which means you need to carefully format them... which is not
usually the case for lightweight components so there is some
coding/transformation involved.

in other xbeans I can define the targetservice and targetendpoint to
> transfer messages. When using bpel I seem to need a
> partnerlink with lots of definitions (port, porttype..) to send a
> message to a service (invoke) is this always this way?

Yes.  (Until we have SimPEL)

Is it possible to invoke the service projektordner:file by using bpel?

Yes but again the devil is in the details.  Most lightweight components
don't work as-is because they do not follow WS-I BasicProfile conventions
and are not JBI compliant (described by a WSDL interface).

alex