ode-user mailing list archives

From "Wiley-Cordone, Peter" <PWileyCord...@divinvest.com>
Subject Getting a WS-BEPL file to access a web service that isn't running under ODE
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 18:12:39 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to using the Apache ODE project.  I have the examples working.
I'm trying to get a BEPL process to use an existing web service.  I am
running ODE and the other web service on Tomcat 5.5 (right now I am
implementing the web service as a jws file).  I keep getting this error
in the tomcat log:

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Deployment of DBDirect failed, aborting
for now.
org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.ContextException: Could not activate endpoint
for service
{http://localhost:8080/axis/CalculationService.jws}CalculationServiceSer
vice and port CalculationService
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.BindingContextImpl.activateMyRoleEndpoint(BindingCo
ntextImpl.java:62)
	at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelProcess.activate(BpelProcess.java:442)
	at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelEngineImpl.registerProcess(BpelEngineImpl
..java:221)
	at
org.apache.ode.bpel.engine.BpelServerImpl.register(BpelServerImpl.java:2
75)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.handleEvent(ODEServer.java:526)
	at org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.access$100(ODEServer.java:70)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer$ProcessStoreListenerImpl.onProcessStoreEv
ent(ODEServer.java:512)
	at
org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.fireEvent(ProcessStoreImpl.java:50
1)
	at
org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.fireStateChange(ProcessStoreImpl.j
ava:507)
	at
org.apache.ode.store.ProcessStoreImpl.deploy(ProcessStoreImpl.java:284)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller.check(DeploymentPoller.java
:144)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller.access$300(DeploymentPoller
..java:55)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.deploy.DeploymentPoller$PollingThread.run(Deploymen
tPoller.java:188)
Caused by: org.apache.ode.axis2.OdeFault: The soap:address used for
service WSDL definition
{http://localhost:8080/axis/CalculationService.jws}CalculationServiceSer
vice and port CalculationService should be of the form
http://hostname:port/ode/processes/myProcessEndpointName
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.hooks.ODEAxisService.extractServiceName(ODEAxisServ
ice.java:138)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.hooks.ODEAxisService.createService(ODEAxisService.j
ava:60)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.ODEServer.createService(ODEServer.java:299)
	at
org.apache.ode.axis2.BindingContextImpl.activateMyRoleEndpoint(BindingCo
ntextImpl.java:59)
	... 12 more
13:08:40,374 ERROR [DeploymentPoller] Deployment of DBDirect failed,
[...]

Here are some excerpts from my configuration files.  I've attached the
full versions.

CalculationRequest.bepl

   <partnerLinks>
      <partnerLink name="helloPartnerLink"
         partnerLinkType="test:HelloPartnerLinkType"
         myRole="me" />

      <partnerLink name="calculationServicePartnerLink"
         partnerLinkType="test:CalculationServicePartnerLinkType"
         partnerRole="requestor" />
   </partnerLinks>

CalculationRequest.wsdl

   <plnk:partnerLinkType name="CalculationServicePartnerLinkType">
     <plnk:role name="requestor"
portType="calcEngine:CalculationService" />
   </plnk:partnerLinkType>

CalculationService.wsdl

   <wsdl:service name="CalculationServiceService">

      <wsdl:port binding="impl:CalculationServiceSoapBinding"
name="CalculationService">

         <wsdlsoap:address
location="http://localhost:8080/axis/CalculationService.jws"/>

      </wsdl:port>

   </wsdl:service>

Does anyone have any insight into what I need to do?  There appears to
be an ExternalService.java class and an ODEAxisService.java class that
checks for the string "/processes/" in the URL then chucks an exception
with that error message.  I'm guessing I'm not defining my partnerlink
correct so that ODE is using the wrong class to instantiate the external
service.

I really appreciate anybodies insight on this.

Thanks.

Peter

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
----------------------
This transmission is intended for the sole use of the individual
and/or entity to whom it is addressed, and may contain information
and/or attachments that are privileged, confidential and exempt
from disclosure under applicable law.  If the reader of this
transmission is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any disclosure, dissemination, distribution, duplication or
the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this
transmission by someone other than the intended addressee or its
designated agent is strictly prohibited.  If your receipt of this
transmission is in error, please notify the sender by replying
immediately to this transmission and destroying  the transmission.
For your protection, do not include Social Security numbers,
passwords or other non-public and personal information in your
email. Thank you