ode-user mailing list archives

From René Bos <r....@pagelink.nl>
Subject RE: Upgrade from Ode 1.0 to 1.1
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:20:44 GMT
Hello!

I now have Ode 1.1 running in PostgreSQL. I first tried to migrate 1.0 to 1.1, and fixed the
database schema and all. But than I decided not to do a migration but to re-execute all processes
into Ode 1.1. This all worked out! The only difference I can remember is in ode_message_route
the change from index to route_index. And somewhere a column made larger.

I have attached the DDL, maybe you can use post it somewhere on the site or in the distro.

I saw something strange in the SVN repro. In http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ode/trunk/dao-hibernate-db/src/main/sql/simplesched-postgre.sql?view=markup

and
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ode/trunk/dao-hibernate-db/src/main/sql/simplesched-postgres.sql?view=markup
there is no PostgreSQL queries but for derby. For other schemas this is also the case.

Thanks!

Rene

-----Original Message-----
From: matthieu.riou@gmail.com [mailto:matthieu.riou@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Matthieu Riou
Sent: maandag 10 december 2007 16:40
To: user@ode.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrade from Ode 1.0 to 1.1

On Dec 10, 2007 12:01 AM, René Bos <r.bos@pagelink.nl> wrote:

> Hello!
>
> First I want to thank you for your answer (right on time, after 2.5months? ;)). At the
moment I have the time (and need) to do the upgrade from
> Ode 1.0 to 1.1. Because I also want to use a PostgreSQL database with Ode
> I did some research. I found out from the database dump that I don't have
> anything in the quartz tables (Except from the QRTZ_LOCKS one). I think this
> is because I don't use scheduled activities like wait. Now is my question,
> should it be possible in this situation to use the same database in Ode
> 1.1 as with Ode 1.0?

There have been some column additions/removal between 1.0 and 1.1 but I
don't think there's been many of them. If you diff your schema with the one
we generate in ODE 1.1 and post it here we can probably tell you how to
handle all the differences.

Also do you want to migrate running instances or just the history with
process definitions? I believe we changed the serialized representations of
instances a bit so migrating running instances could be challenging. We're
currently implementing a fix for this so that migration from 1.1 to 1.2 will
be easier.

Cheers,
Matthieu