ode-user mailing list archives

From René Bos <r....@pagelink.nl>
Subject RE: Upgrade from Ode 1.0 to 1.1
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2007 08:01:02 GMT
Hello!

First I want to thank you for your answer (right on time, after 2.5 months? ;)). At the moment
I have the time (and need) to do the upgrade from Ode 1.0 to 1.1. Because I also want to use
a PostgreSQL database with Ode I did some research. I found out from the database dump that
I don't have anything in the quartz tables (Except from the QRTZ_LOCKS one). I think this
is because I don't use scheduled activities like wait. Now is my question, should it be possible
in this situation to use the same database in Ode 1.1 as with Ode 1.0?

Rene

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Boisvert [mailto:boisvert@intalio.com]
Sent: woensdag 26 september 2007 16:17
To: user@ode.apache.org
Subject: Re: Upgrade from Ode 1.0 to 1.1

On 9/25/07, René Bos <r.bos@pagelink.nl> wrote:

> I have Ode 1.0 running in production for about a month now, and its doing
> very good! But I want to upgrade to Ode 1.1 and I was wondering how to do
> that without having to stop all my processes. Normally I can do this, but I
> think you guys changed the database structure for the new scheduler, isn't
> it? Is there an upgrade script or something?

Hi René,

There are no upgrade scripts to upgrade from Ode 1.0 to 1.1 although we can
definitely help.   Beyond schema changes, I believe there are differences
between serialized objects (Quartz vs SimpleScheduler objects) so I think
there would be some coding involved.  At Intalio we were fortunate enough
that customers have either migrated early to the SimpleScheduler, or used
co-existing instances of Ode until all older processes completed and the
data archived.   Depending on your environment, running coexisting Ode
instances might be a simpler bet.   And I can assure you that moving
forward, we'll have migration scripts from 1.1 onwards.

cheers,
alex