ode-user mailing list archives

From Paul Polydoras <p.polydo...@di.uoa.gr>
Subject tomcat, globus, ode integration issues
Date Wed, 19 Dec 2007 17:36:45 GMT

Hi all,

First of all, I'd like to apologize for this e-mail, cause most probably
it better fits Apache tomcat mailing list than this one, but anyway...

First, I try to deploy Globus 4.0.5 ws-core (along with some of my
services, deployed in Globus) to tomcat 5.5. Everything works great!

Afterwords, I deploy Apache ODE to tomcat 5.5 and here the problem
begin... When I 'm trying to deploy the example processes I get the
following error message:
*************************************
ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Deploy failed;
file:/home/paul/programs/Containers/Tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/processes/HelloWorld2/HelloWorld2.bpel:0:
error: [BpelParseErr] Error parsing BPEL process: the BPEL is either malformed or is invalid.
org.apache.ode.bpel.compiler.api.CompilationException:
file:/home/paul/programs/Containers/Tomcat/apache-tomcat-5.5.25/webapps/ode/WEB-INF/processes/HelloWorld2/HelloWorld2.bpel:0:
error: [BpelParseErr] Error parsing BPEL process: the BPEL is either malformed or is invalid.
*************************************

Then, I remove everything, I unzip the tomcat again and I deploy only
the ODE (without globus) along with its example processes. It works
perfectly fine! Then I deploy globus in tomcat and it also works. But,
if I try to deploy another ODE example process, then I get the error
message, shown above.

The natural guess, is that there is a library conflict. After some
search, I came to the conclusion that it's the xerces lib fault. Globus
uses a different version that ODE. Is this logical? In other words,
shouldn't the libraries have a local effect on webapps? Or webapps share
their local libs? I'm not an expert in Tomcat, so I may talk nonsense!

I'd appreciate any help!

Cheers,
  Paul.