ode-user mailing list archives

From "Thilina Gunarathne" <cset...@gmail.com>
Subject Relates to : Problem with multiple concurrent clients
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 19:28:22 GMT
Hi all,
I'm also experiencing something similar while running on top of Derby.
The process is simple and it does 3 synchronous request/response web
service calls.  The process works fine for one or two concurrent
invocations.. But it get's screwed up when I do more (eg:5) concurrent
invocations..Some of the clients get  responses, but some do not even
get an error...

Following is the exception I got on the logs....

ERROR - GeronimoLog.error(108) | Unexpected exception rolling back
org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource@1757337;
continuing with rollback
javax.transaction.xa.XAException
        at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource.rollback(LocalXAResource.java:88)
        at org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollbackResources(TransactionImpl.java:589)
        at org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionImpl.rollback(TransactionImpl.java:474)
        at org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.TransactionManagerImpl.rollback(TransactionManagerImpl.java:276)
        at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler.execTransaction(SimpleScheduler.java:188)
        at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:339)
        at org.apache.ode.scheduler.simple.SimpleScheduler$4.call(SimpleScheduler.java:336)
        at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(FutureTask.java:269)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:650)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:675)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: Unable to rollback
        at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedJDBCConnection.localTransactionRollback(ManagedJDBCConnection.java:113)
        at org.tranql.connector.AbstractManagedConnection$LocalTransactionImpl.rollback(AbstractManagedConnection.java:196)
        at org.apache.geronimo.connector.outbound.LocalXAResource.rollback(LocalXAResource.java:86)
        ... 11 more
Caused by: SQL Exception: No current connection.
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.newEmbedSQLException(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.noCurrentConnection(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.setupContextStack(Unknown
Source)
        at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedConnection.rollback(Unknown Source)
        at org.tranql.connector.jdbc.ManagedJDBCConnection.localTransactionRollback(ManagedJDBCConnection.java:111)
        ... 13 more

Any clues??... Is this an issue with Derby... Or is this because I'm
doing synchrounous calls to external web services..

Unfortunately my OS is currently screwed up and I cannot install MySql
to test with MySql back end.. Neither I can afford to reinstall the OS
before December due to other work..

thanks,
Thilina

PS: I started this new thread cause I thought not to hijack the
original thread, as the causes of the problem might be different..

--
Thilina Gunarathne  - http://thilinag.blogspot.com