ode-user mailing list archives

From "Rich Taylor" <bhamtay...@gmail.com>
Subject Purely dynamic endpoints and deploy.xml?
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:29:12 GMT
Is it possible to have a process that invokes an operation on an
endpoint that isn't even known at deployment time with ODE?

For example a process that invokes a call to a third party service
registry to obtain an endpoint reference for a service (i.e.
PurchaseBooks), then uses that endpoint reference to invoke an
operation on the service (PurchaseBooks).   There would be a
partnerlink defined for both endpoints, but the endpoint/URL for the
service (PurchaseBooks) would not be known until runtime.  If this is
even possible, what would this look like in deploy.xml since the
partnerlink couldn't be bound to an endpoint at deploy time?

I read through the following and looked at the DynPartnerExample but
can't seem to figure it out.
http://ode.apache.org/user-guide.html#UserGuide-ManipulatingEndpoints

If this is unclear I can try to create an actual process that does
what I'm talking about.

Thanks, Rich